Customized Armstrong Supply Distribution Cart also Holds Computer for Charting
Caregivers can chart and deliver supplies from a single A-Smart Cart with the addition of an ICW mounting arm to hold the computer workstation.
Solve expense and floor-space problems of needing two separate carts — one for supplies and a second for charting.
- Mobile supply carts are used throughout many hospitals. PACU, ICU, and ED areas usually have mobile supply carts stationed at bedside to hold equipment and required supplies.
- Computers are also needed at bedside for patient charting. A Workstation On Wheels (WOW) is often used to bring the computer into the room.
- WOWs that are rolled from room to room can spread contamination.
- WOWs take up precious floor space in the patient room and corridor areas.
- Purchasing additional WOWs significantly increases hospital overhead.
ICW’s CUSTOM SOLUTION
Mount a computer arm on the supply cart so just one cart is needed for both charting and supply distribution.
– solves expense and floor-space problems
– eliminates the need for a Workstation On Wheels
– increases efficiency and improves ergonomics
ICW recommended attaching a computer mounting arm directly to the supply cart. This configuration provides the following benefits:
- Saves money. Adding a computer mounting arm to the supply cart costs about 75% less than purchasing an additional Workstation On Wheels.
- Saves floor space. Combining tasks on one cart eliminates the need for a second cart, freeing up precious floor space.
- Streamlines workflow. Caregivers can chart and deliver supplies from a single dual-function supply cart.
- Improves ergonomics. ICW computer mounts provide a comfortable, ergonomic sit-stand workstation while preserving the entire surface area of the cart for supplies.
Armstrong Medical’s A-Smart Cart mounted with an ICW arm can provide a compact, affordable solution that combines the essential tasks of charting and supply distribution.
Armstrong Medical’s A-Smart Carts Enhanced with ICW’s Computer Mounts
Armstrong A-Smart Carts
- A-Smart Carts are top-quality, heavy-duty supply carts. Their standard heavy-duty casters swivel and lock. A built-in stabilizer bumper gives Armstrong carts excellent stability.
- A-Smart Cart Systems are available in several models and can be customized with
a variety of accessories.
ICW Computer Mounting Arms
- ICW designs, engineers and manufactures high-quality, professional mounting systems for computer equipment and other instruments for selected medical, custom and clean room markets.
- ICW mounting arms have outstanding range of motion. They swivel horizontally up to 360° at every joint and adjust vertically. All keyboard trays can be adjusted to positive, neutral, or negative tilt. Monitors provide 6-way tilt, pan and rotate.
- ICW arms fold up and stow the workstation close to the cart, making these mounts the perfect choice for tight spaces.